BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 9, 2010

One Month Old

My little baby turned one month old on the 8th...which happens to be my brother and father in law's birthday. Wow...one month. I know everyone said it would go so fast but until you experience it you can't understand. I find myself doing so many things I never thought I would, breastfeeding, holding her just because, waking her up just to see her beautiful eyes. Everyone says a baby will change your life and I knew to a certain extent it would, however I never realized how much my life would be forever changed. I can not fathom the love God has for us to give his son as a sacrifice for our sins because I know that I could never do that. I could never let her feel one ounce of pain if I could prevent it. Especially not for someone who didn't even love her. I have had an entirely different perspective on my salvation through Christ just from being a mommy.
For so much of my life I struggled with self esteem...now I look at my pudgy tummy and smile because I carried a beautiful baby to term. I delivered her and she was perfectly healthy. I nurse her and am the sole reason she gains weight and is nourished. The gift God has given me through motherhood is inexplicable. I was made for this and I now clearly see that. What I wouldn't do for her or give to her....
I realize this is all very personal information but the love that has developed in my heart for this small little person is bursting out of me. I have become a cheesy Hallmark Card!!!
I would love for her to stay small and helpless because I so enjoy taking care of her...3 am feeds, no problem...spit up on my shoulder, who cares. I just live to make her life great, but I can't wait for her to grow and learn who she is and teach her things and hear her voice. (Right now the pterodactyl scream is all I get!)
So in summation of my gushy post, I love love love being a mommy. More than anything I have ever done. And I'm so grateful for an amazing husband who has been a part in this new role I have. He's a great daddy and is more than a little in love with this sweet peanut.
Love to you all...pictures in the next post!

PS: pterodactyl is the weirdest word spelling wise ever....

3 comments:

The Banks Family said...

what a sweet post! I have to agree with you being a mommy is the MOST amazing thing ever! I, too, love, love, love being a mommy!

Tiffany

Danielle said...

It is SO SO true that experiencing mommy-hood is the only way to truly understand the depth and intensity of a mother's love. Words can't do justice. You totally made me cry and I am so incredibly happy for you and Nathan. Love you guys!!

Amber said...

that was really sweet you should print it and put it in her baby book! I am so glad you are getting to experience the joys of being a mom....it is the BEST job in the world. And being a mom of a little girl is so amazing! Love to you guys! cant wait to meet her in person!